Be Your Own Chief Learning Officer
Purpose of Workshops: Development of self-directed learning skills.
Employee Version *
Focus: Enable employees to create and implement a learning project.
Primary audience: Employees
- Identifying what to learn
- Establishing learning objectives
- What’s your learning style
- Resources for learning
- Scoping your learning effort
- Documenting what you’ve learned
- Writing a learning project plan
Time: One-half day
* Participants complete a Learning Preference Assessment (http://www.lpasdlrs.com) to determine the proficiency of their self-directed learning skills.
Focus: Enable managers to reinforce employee SDL skills and act as coaches in assisting employees in creating and implementing individual learning projects.
Primary audience: Employee’s manager and human resources/training department staff
Topics: Employee workshop plus:
- Focusing the learning project plan
- Providing feedback
- Approving learning resources
- Approving the learning project plan
Time: One day